Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Right Questions

I love spending time with my niece. Her inquisitive nature keeps me on my toes. She is like a little sponge soaking up every bit of information. Her questions are both funny and endless.

Humans were created to be emotional and intellectual creatures. We were created in the image of God. In fact, God wired us to ask questions only He can answer. Questions such as What is Turth? Why am I here? and What is my purpose? These questions start us on a search that hopefully leads to God.

These initial questions are only the beginning. As long as we live and breath, we will continue to ask questions. God planned it that way. However, we will not recieve an immediate answer to every questioned asked. There are some answers that remain hidden until eternity. Many people get hung up fretting over answers that have not arrived. When we are unable to trust God with our uncertainties, our sinful nature can cause us to dwell on all the wrong questions. Questions like "Why me?" and "When will the answer come?" divert our attention from the plan God has for our present.

When you find yourself in a situation that you cannot explain or understand, it is helpful to ask the following questions:






  • How can I bring You glory in this situation?




  • What is it You are trying to teach me now?




  • Who will be influenced by my actions during this time?




Asking the right questions can make a huge difference. Rather than getting slowed down by questions which leave us spinning our spiritual tires, good questions will propel us forward. God wants us to continue asking and He wants our questions to bring us closer to Him.




What questions have been circling in your mind? Are they questions that tend to stunt your spiritual growth? Do you need to adjust your thoughts and perspective? Ask God to help you focus on questions that will result in growth and produce fruit in your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment